Code for APC Modellers
Last Updated: 03 May 2016
Web server running PHP version 5.4 or above is required. The modeller has been tested in Chrome, IE 8 and 9
The modeller uses the MPDF library to create the PDF T&C and Application forms on the fly. This can be downloaded from www.mpdf1.com/mpdf/index.php .The folder containing the library must be at the same level as the css and image folders for the modeller.
The modeller uses the leanModal jscript to generate the help windows. This can be downloaded from www.leanmodal.finelysliced.com.au .The folder containing the script must be placed at the same level as the css and image folders.
Current release: apc03052016.zip (537kb)
Updates made in the current release
The most recent release of the code for the APC modeller was on 3rd May 2016. The updates made in this release were to incorporate the following:
- The increase in the maximum amount of additional annual pension that can be bought from £6,675 to £6,755.
- The restructure to the page layout following the move of the national calculator to www.lgpsmember.org.
- The updated additional pension factors released by DCLG in updated actuarial guidance on the purchase of additional pension.
- The issue of a new version of the MPDF library referred to above.
- Changes to the extra pension T&Cs to a) link to the LGPC's annual allowance and lifetime allowance factsheets, and b) to update the links to the HMRC webpages on recycling.
Updates made in previous releases
Update of 24th June 2015
Update of 6th May 2015
The updates made in the release of 6th May 2015 are as follows:
- Minor amends to the background code to correct some discrepancies in the SPA calculations – these were sometimes making the calculations a day or two out for members with certain DOB/SPA combinations.
- Small adjustments to the terminology for consistency on the index, extra and lost pages.
- Changes to the T&Cs to use the term APCs instead of additional pension contributions and to increase the font size.
Update of 1st April 2015
The updates made in the release of 1st April 2015 are as follows:
- A 'one form' process introduced, with the form for 'lost' going to the employer and the form for 'extra' going to the administering authority
- Maximum amount of pension that may be bought increased to £6,675 from 1st April 2015 as per requirements of LGPS Regulations 2013
- Wording amended to reflect change to LGPS Regulations 2013 allowing employers to extend the period in which a member can make an election to buy back lost pension and have this count as a shared cost APC
- A minor amend to the background calculations to correct a roundings issue that was causing some small discrepancies in certain circumstances
- An employer field added for members to complete
- Changes to the flowchart and to the T&Cs to reflect the above amends and to include information on the annual and lifetime allowances for extra pension
The below table contains details of the amendments made in releases of the APC modeller code prior to 1st April 2015.
|Release||Amendments to lost pension||Amendments to extra pension|
|22nd August 2014||
|24th July 2014||
|30th June 2014||
|19th May 2014||
|1st May 2014||N/A - original||N/A - original|